First terrain piece done.
Here's the painting process I used (borrowing heavily from the weathering tutorial I took down at the LVO a few months back).
I started with assembly, and then a white primer coat.
Then oversprayed five shades of Secret Weapon Rust.
Then the secret ingredient. Sponged on latex mold builder.
Next, sprayed on the main colours. I chose all cool, neutral tones.
Then the latex was rubbed off, revealing some awesome rust spots.
Then I went to work with acrylic washes for shading, and worked up the rust with a mix of washes, rust paint and glaze medium.
Combat zone...oops, blood.
All the techniques were quick...but the piece is so big, it took the better part of a week to finish off.
Can't wait to get the whole set done and out on the table for some Necromunda goodness.
A final shot. Really happy with how it turned out, and now have a process down to move onto the other pieces.
Started into my first hive gang...I mean, kill team. Genestealer Cult. These figs are from the Hybrid box and Deathwatch Overkill. The figure on the right is a completed cultist (painted for Rogue Stars), which I'm going to use as the pattern for my Armageddon team. Also started into the bases, seen in the foreground.
In order to get the orange jumpsuit to look proper in this scale, I've resorted to severe pre-shading.
The figures were primed in black, and then highlighted in pure white in order to set down a layer that will take the airbrushed orange base colour.
'Til next time.