Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Display Board for the Dark Angels

My Christmas project was to build and paint a display board from my LVO Dark Angels army.


I started with a wooden serving tray purchased at the local grocery store. I spray painted the outer edges black and then finished it off with a gloss protective coat.


Next I took a single Realm of Battle board section (purchased from Red Claw here in Edmonton...thanks for breaking up a full box of these boards, Leanne!). I measured out a section of the board that would fit inside the tray, and then cut out that section with a hand saw. I sanded down the edges, and had a display board ready to go. I painted it (the longest part of this process, obviously) and weathered it with a variety of acrylic products.


I slipped the board into the tray, and...well...there it is.


My 100 PL army fits in perfectly. And it's ready to go.


'Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment