Sunday, August 18, 2013

Damiano Tier 4 Project: Part 4...Masking and Spraying

Spent my hobby time this week getting the beige camo layer onto one more Merc 'jack for the Damiano project. Not too much new here, so I thought I'd document the masking process I've been going through for M81 Standard Pattern paint scheme.

Start with laying out a number of small pieces of low-tack masking tape.


Then take a sharp X-Acto knife and cut an organic pattern into each piece.


Apply the pieces to various areas on the green/brown 'jack.


Fill in all the space between each piece with more tape. This turns out to take a while...so patience.


It takes a surprising long time to do this step...you don't want any overspray on other areas of the model.


Spray beige, remove the tape...and there you go. Camo paint layer number 3 is on.


One more 'jack to go.

'Til next time.

2 comments:

  1. Super!

    I am currently doing Cryx atm, but I am sure I will use your tutorial on some future project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a great technique. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete