Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Under The Wire...2 Final Models for 2014

2014 draws to a close. I'm back from a double family visit out east and have a few days off before returning to work. Prime hobby time!

I'm finishing off the year with two final models. The first is the Dreadstone Blight terrain piece from Games Workshop. If you have any interest in this model, you've probably already built it, as it came out a few years back. So, I don't have to tell you the fit of the pieces is terrible!


However, the final model fits the bill...ruined tower...boom.


I used a couple of different tones for the stone work, and there were enough details moulded into the sculpt to keep the visual interest up.


I also finished this Reaper Owl Bear, which has already made an appearance in the Tuesday night D&D game.


I'm not too keen on my paint job...but I do like how the base turned out.


Well, I want to thank you, my readers, for coming along on another year's ride alongside the hobby table. And the site just topped 300 followers (while closing in on 400K page views). Thanks for the comments over the year, and for keeping my motivation up. This completes the 5th year of the Hobby Table blog, and despite the time that has passed, I've enjoyed getting in a post most weekends.

Thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to next year's projects...which will include a new 28mm Greek hoplite army, fingers crossed!

'Til next time.

2 comments:

  1. Always a pleasure to see your work Kevin. Happy New Years to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Owl Bear. Totally takes me back to the Monster Manual!

    ReplyDelete