Sunday, February 1, 2015

This Week...Spiders

This week I painted up some spider models from Reaper. 


The main project was this spider demon, which turned out to be a pretty big model. 12 pieces, and a lot of patience to let the glue on the legs dry properly.


I wanted to try out a monochrome scheme and then juxtapose it against a vibrant base.


The base was made from cork tile. For the blood splatters, I blew brown and red ink onto the base and then finished it off with GW's Blood for the Blood God tech paint.


The other two spiders were very straightforward, but I had to mount them on large 2" bases to accommodate the legs. Masking and airbrushing allowed me to get the clean green diamond motif.


'Til next time.

2 comments:

  1. Great painting and basing on these arachnid reapers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice indeed Kevin. The face in demon is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete