Saturday, January 7, 2017

Rogue Stars...First Project of 2017

For the first project of 2017, I've decided to build some models for a ruleset I picked up over the holidays: Rogue Stars from Osprey.


Rogue Stars is a Sci-Fi skirmish game based around 3 to 6 figures that uses a mission/location/complication generator to create scenarios, which players can link into a campaign. In that sense, think of it as a scaled-down Necromunda.


For this first squad, I used some very nice multi-part models from Games Workshop.


They are built from the Neophyte Hybrids box for the recently released Genestealer Cults 40K line.


This week I also added to my growing collection of Dropzone Commander terrain, with another Blotz building. These are great to build during NBA games...particularly through the first 3 quarters while the Raptors are letting opponents build a small lead that they then overcome in an always-exciting 4th quarter. ;^)


'Til next time.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good Kevin, those are indeed nice figures, I wonder if Necromunda is going to be re-released in the future as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those figures, painted beautifully like all your stuff, look very Sci-Fi to me. Almost like they should have fish bowl glass domes over their heads. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete