Sunday, January 29, 2017

Scourge Dragon Battleship and Nickar (Ersatz)

So, the Las Vegas Open is coming up fast...next weekend as a matter of fact...and the Dropfleet list building rules for the tournament were just released a week ago. At 1250 points, I needed a Dragon battleship, pronto. 

They came into stock last week at Meeplemart, so I ordered mine and crossed my fingers it would get here on time for the convention. Got my shipping notice last Monday, and the model arrived on Friday. Built it Friday night (easy 16-piece kit), and here it is...Sunday afternoon and tabletop-ready.


In addition, to round out my list, I shoved in a 22-point Nickar corvette. Well, the kits aren't released yet, but tournament rules allow for kit-bashing...so I used a GW Screamer. Looks like a similar model, if a little on the big side, but I'm not going to complain. Models built and painted in time to get on the plane Thursday.

Carnage awaits.

'Til next time.

3 comments:

  1. Kevin, you're using the carrier/torpedo variant for the battleship. Is there an advantage to it over the all gunship?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best advantage is you play with fewer ships, and the game transports easier!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous paint job. I have settled for all over metallic red.

    ReplyDelete