Saturday, November 6, 2010

Moria Goblins

Several weeks ago, I dredged up a couple of blisters of Goblin archers from the basement stash. These figures are going to do double duty...just like my other Goblins and Orcs; War of the Ring and the Middle-earth RPG I'm running.


I just finished these up this week. I tried to paint them "lighter" than usual. I was finding that my other Orc figures were a little dull on the tabletop. Even through you're essentially looking at figs in dirty leather, dark hair, pallid green skin and muted grey metal, I'd like them to pop a little more while gaming.

I have a number of partially finished projects out on the table right now...so job one for the balance of this year is finishing off old projects (famous last words).

'Til next time.

4 comments:

  1. Nice stuff; I've never been able to get that washed out skin tone quite right; look forward to seeing these in the flesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob,
    If you want to give it a try, this Goblin skin is done with the GW Foundation greens. Orkhide as a base, then...what is the other one? Knarlock? Anyway, that is mid-shade. Then Gretchen green (the lightest of the three I think) as the highlight pass. Finally, mixed in a little bleached bone with the Gretchen green and did the final highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four layers? You are my hero.

    Alas, I'm more of wash green over white and dip guy!

    ReplyDelete