Saturday, October 28, 2017

Deathwing Terminators

Also finished off a squad of Deathwing Terminators today. These guys were base coated with Zandri Dust, lightened up with some Vallejo Bonewhite, and edge highlighted with Aged White. 

The squad box came with a Watcher in the Dark made him as well. I had originally built the Cyclone Terminator holding a Plasma Cannon. Whoops. Not legal. Tore that arm off and added the standard Storm Bolter.

Scouts next, I think.

'Til next time.

An Ancient and Two Lieutenants

I'm continuing to knock figures out for my Dark Angels 40K army. This week: an Ancient and two Lieutenants.

All the figures continue to come from the Dark Imperium boxed set, and the bases are from the Sector Mechanicus box.

More on the horizon.

'Til next time.

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Primaris Captain

I've been moving several painting projects forward (slowly) on the hobby table this week. Today, I said, "Screw it, I'm finishing something." So, off the table comes a Primaris Captain from the Dark Imperium set.

The piece was painted in three parts: Body, Cape and Backpack, and then assembled at the end.

A fine figure, like all of them from the Dark Imperium set. And the Dark Angels force grows, hopefully in time to head down to the Las Vegas Open in January.

To that end, I've been working on other projects. None of these are done yet...but all are part way there. Starting with: a squad of Terminators.

A Repulsor tank.

A squad of Inceptors.

And finally, an Ancient and two Lieutenants.

Should have more figures coming out soon.

'Til next time.

Friday, October 13, 2017

Redemptor Dreadnought

Well, it's been some time since I've posted, and honestly, it's because I haven't done any painting for the last few months. No excuse...just got out of the habit.

Regardless, a new model rolled off the hobby table this week: the new Primaris Redemptor Dreadnought. 

This kit could be built with a lot of articulation...kind of like a super action figure. However, in order to withstand handling during games, I glued all the points of articulation into place.

Overall, a very good kit, and it posed no problems during construction. It painted up nicely as well. Lots of detail...but not tooooo much. The decals were scavenged from a couple of different Dark Angel sheets.

I also finished another objective marker a few weeks back. Just an ammo dump, but it gets the job done.

Elliot and I have been playing 40K. Here some of his Dark Eldar are swooping in on my unpainted Repulsor tank.

In this game, I was using a mix of different figures to get to the 2000-point force threshold. That's why I've got Dark Angel Primaris marines fighting alongside Word Bearer tacticals,

Slowly working towards finishing my Las Vegas Open 40K force.

'Til next time.