Saturday, June 16, 2012

Back in the Saddle

Hello!

Hope you are all doing well!

I last posted near the end of April, and since that time, my wife and I have been off on our great European adventure. As fun as that trip was (travelogue in the process of being posted here) it's nice to be back in the hobby room.

Spending a month and a half away from modelling and painting leaves you with little else to do but dream up new projects. So, no surprise here, the backlog is filling up fast!

Here's a review of what's on the hobby table coming up.

First, I'd like to get a step-by-step article up on distressing metal, but this time without using weathering powders. I picked up a unit of Cryx Bane Knights before I left on vacation, and started into them. At this point, they just have a few colors down. I'd like to get this post up within the next couple of weeks.


I think you can see the sort of end result I want to show with this article.


I also have some Middle-earth RPG figures I want to knock out for an upcoming game. More Khandish soldiers...this time unmounted.


And an RPG NPC.


While in Firenze, Italy a few weeks back, I picked up a cheap plaster statue that I want to use as the basis for a marble painting project. This will (I hope) eventually become the centrepiece for a scale garden or park terrain feature.


I had been hearing some good things about Fantasy Flight's new miniatures game, Dust Warfare. I just picked up the rules this week...


...along with an armor unit. I'm going to do a re-paint on this fine model, so I'll post a step-by-step on that as well...maybe next month.


I spent some time in Normandy, France back at the beginning of May, and took a tour of several Canadian D-Day campaign battlefields. This inspired me to order up a nice unit of Artizan miniatures Commonwealth infantry. The project I'm thinking of here is Regina Rifles and Fort Gary Horse, along with their 12th SS foes during the push on Caen. That's still in the mail, so is a little ways off from getting started.

Well, plenty to do and look forward to, so off we go. Like I said, it's nice to be back, and I'm itching to get painting again. Looks like a busy summer ahead.

'Til next time.

5 comments:

  1. Good to have you back! Looking forward, as always, to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Kev, look forward to catching up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warmachine, Middle-earth and Dust Warfare. That post pretty much touches on all my actual hobby interests. Looking forward for more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to see what comes off the paint table again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home Kevin. Looking forward to chatting with you about your European Tour!

    ReplyDelete