Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Hobbit

No surprise...like a lot of people, I'm a fan of Tolkien's Middle-earth books. When I heard some years ago that two more Peter Jackson Middle-earth movies were going to be made, I was ecstatic. Photos of the cast have started to come out...here's a composite of all the major characters.


What I find amazing is that each Dwarf has his own unique look. Very distinctive and worthy of the level of production design established by the Lord of the Rings movies.

Thorin is not as I'd imagined him, but he looks completely bad ass. If you read The Hobbit when you were young, as I did, your favorite Dwarves are likely Fili and Kili. These young Dwarves look suitably "elven" and heroic.

I'd have to say, I'm really excited about seeing this film when it comes out!

'Til next time.

5 comments:

  1. This is the first pic I've seen! Thanks for posting it. I read the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings when I was young and I still think the LoTR trilogy is one of my all time favorite bits of movie fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a long time since I read the Hobbit. I think the Silmarillion is the only one I've read since high school, and high school was a long time ago. I was going to re-read LoTR before the movies came out but never got around it. I always liked the Hobbit better as a kid. One of my friends is named after a character in this book. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this movie, LOTR like many was one of my favourite books as a kid and my favourite movie as an adult, love that trilogy, can wait to see what they do with Beorn, can't get much cooler then a werebear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see great potential for extremely cool miniatures there and GW's dwarves have been pretty nice so far ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just applied to an opening at BioWare "Team Lead, Online Development". I didn't even get to include the Cover Letter I wrote. I've interviewed with EA Vancouver a couple of times, but I need a job and am expanding my search. I always liked Edmonton, a lot better than Calgary. Here is a link to my professional resume:

    http://www.muschamp.ca/Muskie/resumeFrame.html

    And here is a bunch of web mashups I wrote while I was unemployed recently:

    http://www.muschamp.ca/Muskie/webMashups.html

    Needless to say once I got them out of storage I'd lug the Diseased Sons back to Alberta for the third time...

    ReplyDelete