Thursday, August 30, 2012

Skarre and Blood Witches

Back from GenCon and back to painting. The big project I have going right now is a platoon of Canadian infantry being painted up for a Normandy scenario I have in mind. However, Warmachine units continue to roll out.

This is a unit of Satyxis Blood Witches with their unit attachment, the Blood Hag.


I've been playing a lot of Epic Skarre over the past several months, but I've never painted her prime version. So, here she is now.


Nothing special on her paint scheme...but I'm interested to find out who I like better with an infantry spam list; her or Terminus.


'Til next time.

3 comments:

  1. Good stuff, but you are a really solid painter so that is to be expected. The red is realllly nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kevin, I'm putting together my first Warmachine army (Khador) and was wondering how conversions tend to be viewed in the local community. The rules apparently are that it's the TO's discretion, which doesn't give me a clear idea of what I can and can't do. I guess it would be helpful if I actually went down to Thunderground and saw for myself, but barring that, what's your feeling? Do you see many conversions locally? Do players tend to look down on conversions, or are they accepted? In other words, how strictly do players stick to PP's conversion policy?

    http://privateerpress.com/files/2012Conversion_Policy_v1.2.pdf

    Sorry that I'm always hassling you with questions. Thanks for your time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VS,
    You see conversions locally, from time to time. Everyone adheres to the Privateer guidelines...essentially meaning that the majority of the figure must be the Privateer piece and still recognizable as what it's supposed to be, and weapon conversions should look like they do what they're supposed to in the game. You can see a lot of good conversion work in the Privateer modelling forum.
    Good luck!
    Kevin.

    ReplyDelete